LAST UPDATED: 1ST DECEMBER 2020
We are the MERCATIFY Limited (“we”, “us”, “our”), and are committed to protecting your privacy.
MERCATIFY Limited is the controller for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) a company registered in England and Wales (Company No. 06400760), with its registered office located at The Bower, 4th Floor, 211 Old Street, London EC1V 9NR, United Kingdom.
2. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
3. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT, AND HOW?
When you interact with us, whether by using our website or communicating with us, we may collect the following information about you:
• Information you give us: you may give us information about yourself if you sign up for an account on our website, place an order for products, complete any online forms (such as registration forms, competitions, and surveys), opt in to receive our newsletters and special offers, enter a competition or promotion, participate in social media functions with our website, or correspond with us (by email, telephone, instant messaging apps, social media or otherwise).
3. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT, AND HOW?
Depending on what you provide, this information can include your name, address or location, phone number, email address, date of birth, gender, purchase information, shopping preferences, images and financial information (including your credit or debit card details, although we do not hold them, our payment processors do).
If you register an account on the website, then you may choose to give us your photograph and nickname. From your account, you can also invite your friends to shop at our website (including by email, Facebook, or Twitter). Even though we let them know that we’ve received their details from you, please ensure that you have your friend’s permission before sharing their contact details with us and only forward emails to people you know would be happy to receive them.
• Information we receive from other accounts or sources: we can receive information about you from other sources, such as other accounts (eg. when you use your Apple ID to sign in on our website) or other websites, including data brokers, our partners, social media providers like Facebook and Twitter, advertising networks and analytics partners, and payment and delivery service providers.
By logging into our mobile applications via Apple, Facebook or Twitter, or linking your account on our website to your Apple, Facebook or Twitter accounts, you are giving us permission to obtain certain information and content from these accounts. The specific types of information that we may obtain depends on your settings for that account or website, and will be subject to their privacy policies.
We supplement the data you provide us with data from data appending services such as public or social graph data in order to better serve you with content or promotions. We will append this data to our existing customer account information to better understand customers’ interests and to provide more relevant product recommendations and advertising, to increase our customer’s security when using our website and to comply with our legal obligations, such as sanctions laws. This information may include household size, household income, or profession. This information can be associated with your personal information such as name, email, address, physical address or phone number.
You can see more details about the third parties we use in section 5.
• Information our IT systems collect about you: each time you visit the website, certain information will be created and automatically recorded by our IT systems. That information includes:
*Device information: the information provided by your device will differ depending on your operating system and device settings (eg. PC, Mac, iPhone, Android, or otherwise), but includes
he type of device you have (eg. iPhone 6S or Samsung Galaxy S7), the device’s IP address and location, the browser you’re using, your mobile network provider (for mobile devices), the pages you have visited, your time zone and country location, and crash or download error reports.
• Information we collect in store: the MERCATIFY Group is always looking for new opportunities to improve your shopping experience and this extends to your experiences in-store. When you visit the Browns Stores, you may have the opportunity to use pioneering technology to enhance your in-store experience. You may also give us information about yourself in-store if you make a purchase using a credit or debit card, complete a survey or questionnaire, enter a competition or promotion, provide us with feedback or otherwise interact or correspond with us in-store or after your visit. Where you use a WiFi-enabled device in-store, certain information may be provided by your device, which will differ depending on your device and settings. The information that may be provided is the type of device you have, the device identifier/media access control (MAC) address, the proximity of the device from the access point, location of the device, and where relevant, when and for how long the device is connected to the Wi-Fi network. You can prevent information being provided by turning off the Wi-Fi feature on your device. We might also register your interactions with the products, in order to enhance your in-store experience by providing you a more personalized service during your visit and after.
4. WHAT DO YOU USE MY INFORMATION FOR?
To provide you services and the website, including to allow you to order and receive products using our website, administer your account and to optimise your experience we need to use the information that we collect in a number of different ways.
We also use the information for marketing and advertising purposes. Where you have told us you would like to receive marketing communications or when you have made a purchase using our services, we and our partners will use your personal information (including your name, email address and address) to occasionally send you updates, news, and offers via email, post, or other forms of media. We may use your information (including supplemental information received from partners that we append to our existing customer information as described below), to tailor these messages to you. You may unsubscribe from our email marketing communications by modifying your preferences in your account’s profile management section, or by following the opt out instructions in the promotional emails that are sent to you.
Should your country be covered by such services, we may use your information to provide you with shopping recommendations and personal styling-related services, therefore, you’ll have access to an improved and more interactive shopping experience. Such services will be provided along with third-party providers, which will be acting as processors.
We also carry out research, analysis, and surveys on your use of our website, and views. We keep tracking of your spend on our website to see if you can benefit from our exclusive loyalty programs, VIP customer program and Access. Finally we use your information to confirm your identity and perform credit checks or anti-fraud checks, in order to ensure your, and our,
financial security. Please scroll down to find out the detailed purposes for which we collect your information, what specific information is collected and the legal basis for which we purpose that data.
* To register and manage your account in our website: we collect your name, email, password and other additional details you may wish to add in your account, like phone number, addresses and gender. The legal basis is the performance of a Contract with you.
* To fulfil the orders you make through our website: we collect your Name, addresses, phone number, Order details, like the products you are buying, the size and price. The legal basis is the performance of a Contract with you.
* To collect payment from you: we collect your payment information, which comprises the credit/debit card’s number, holder’s name and CVV. We don’t store them and only transfer them to our authorized payment providers. The legal basis is the performance of a Contract with you.
* To provide you with our customer services: (including helping you to solve any issue you have with our services, updating you about any change to our terms of service, or contacting you to know how was your experience with us): we collect your name, email, password, phone number and addresses and your contact history with us. The legal basis is the performance of a Contract with you and our legitimate interests in retaining you as a customer.
* To monitor the quality of our customer services: we collect your name, email, password, phone number and addresses, your response to our SMS inquiries about the quality of the service and your contact history with us (including phone records of our conversations and conversations through email or other instant messaging apps). The legal basis is the legitimate interests in running our business.
* To administer, maintain and optimise our Website and our services: we collect your device information (such as your device IP address and device type), cookie identifiers and browsing information. The legal basis is the legitimate interests in running our business.
* To perform fraud and credit checks and if we can do business with you: we collect your name, email, addresses, credit/debit card details, browsing history, purchase history, date of birth, gender, specific behavioral cookies, device information (such as IP address and device type), any national identifiers (like driver’s license or ID cards) and any publicly available information (like social media profiles or news). The legal basis is the legitimate interests to protect MERCATIFY and its customers from fraudulent activities and compliance with a legal obligation.
* To send you marketing communications and personalised offers: we collect your name, email, phone number, addresses, date of birth, purchase history, browsing history and behavior, device information, shopping preferences, cookie identifiers, internal identifiers and country. The legal basis is the legitimate interests in electronic direct marketing of similar products and services which you have acquired using our website. When such is not applicable, your consent to send you special offers and campaigns powered by MERCATIFY in cooperation with exclusive partners.
* To manage our loyalty programmes: we collect your name, email, phone number, addresses, date of birth, purchase history, browsing history and behavior, device information, shopping preferences, nickname, cookie identifiers, internal identifiers, country, spent tier level and wealth. The legal basis is our legitimate interests in running our business and improving your shopping experience.
* To provide you with personalised recommendations and enhance your experience: we collect your name, email, phone number, addresses, date of birth, purchase history, browsing history and behavior, in-stores interactions with products, device Information, shopping preferences, nickname, cookie identifiers, internal identifiers, country, spent tier level and wealth. The legal basis is our legitimate interests in running our business and improving your shopping experience.
* To provide you information, through your MERCATIFY App, about MERCATIFY ’ partner boutiques and products closer to your location: we collect your name, location and device information. The legal basis is your consent to allow the MERCATIFY app to access your location.
* To carry on research, analysis, enquiries and surveys on your use of our website: we collect your Name; Addresses; Email; Device information, legal basis is our legitimate interests in running our business and improve our Website and your experience.
* To advertize and retarget advertising of both ours and our partners’ products and services: we collect your email, cookie identifiers and device information. The legal basis is our legitimate interests in running our business.
* To produce aggregated statistical reports: we use your order history, provided that the result of such reports do not identify you. The legal basis is our legitimate interests in running our business and improving our website.
5. WHO DO YOU SHARE MY INFORMATION WITH?
To provide our services and the website, we work with a number of carefully selected third parties. To do this, we may share your information with these third parties in the following limited circumstances:
• Our partner boutiques and brands from whom you purchase products: we rely on carefully selected partners that supply the products that you see on our website.
• Advertizers for marketing purposes: we can provide your information to our advertising and social media partners that you select (including Facebook and Twitter), where they require the data to select and serve relevant adverts about ours and our partners’ products and services to you and others.
• To comply with legal requests: on occasion we may be required to liaise with various regulators and law enforcement agencies in a number of different countries, whether as a result of law, a court order, or another legal process. Although we dispute requests wherever suitable, in some cases we may have to share your information with the regulators or law enforcement agencies. Where we consider it appropriate, and provided we are not prohibited from doing so by law or court order, we will attempt to notify you of these legal demands.
We use technology such as “cookies” to collect information and store your online preferences. Cookies are small pieces of information sent by a web server to a web browser, which allows the server to uniquely identify the browser on each page.
We use the following categories of cookies on our website:
* Strictly necessary cookies: these cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features. Without these cookies, services you have asked for such as remembering your login details or shopping basket items cannot be provided. These cookies will also inform us, by your behaviour in our website, if we can do business with you and protect MERCATIFY and its customers from fraudulent activities.
* Performance cookies: these cookies collect anonymous information on how you use our website (eg. we use Google Analytics cookies to help us understand how customers arrive at our site, browse or use our site) and highlight areas we can improve such as navigation, shopping experience and marketing campaigns. The data stored by these cookies does not show personal details from which your individual identity can be established. They are also used to help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. You may opt-in to these cookies using your browser settings.
* Functionality cookies: these cookies remember choices you make such as the country you visit our website from, language and search parameters such as size, colour or product line. These can then be used to provide you with an experience more appropriate to your selections and to make the visits more tailored and pleasant. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. You may opt in to these cookies using your browser settings.
* Targeting cookies or advertizing cookies: these cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert. The cookies are usually placed by third party advertising networks. They remember the websites you visit and that information is shared with other parties such as advertisers. For example, we use third party companies to provide you with more personalised adverts when visiting other websites. You may opt-in to these cookies using your browser settings.
You can withdraw your consent to these cookies at any time through the following options:
• Google Analytics cookies across all websites, please visit Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
• Any other type of cookies, you can clean the cookies through your browser settings.
Please note that refusing cookies does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the company or companies from which you opted out will no longer deliver adverts tailored to your web preferences and usage patterns, so you may see a greater number of adverts that are irrelevant to you and your preferences.
Keeping you and your personal information secure is very important to us. We take a number of reasonable steps to try to protect the personal information that you provide, including:
• Using a Transport Layer Secure (TLS) to encrypt the personal data that you send us during the order process (including any financial information such as credit or debit card details).
• Requiring you to establish a unique username and password to access your account on our website.
• Not keeping details of your credit or debit card that would enable any third party to transact using that credit or debit card (such as your CVV number).
• Regularly monitoring our servers and IT systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. Unfortunately, despite this, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to or through our website, and any such transmission is at your own risk. In particular, please keep in mind that if you voluntarily disclose personal information through other means of communication than the website in a non-protected environment (such as through email, sms, online messages) then that information can be collected and used by others outside of our or your control.
7. HOW LONG WILL YOU USE MY INFORMATION FOR?
We retain the data you provide to us for as long as you have your account with us and thereafter for such period as you may have questions or a claim in relation to our services, notwithstanding any superior retention period that we may be obliged to observe in accordance with legal requirements applicable to us.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data as set out below.
After you have terminated your use of our services, we may store your information in an aggregated and anonymised format.
• Withdrawal of Consent: you can withdraw your consent at any time by changing your marketing preferences in “My Account” or by unsubscribing at the bottom of each email received or by writing emailing us as set out below.
• Email us at privacy@MERCATIFY .com; or
SALES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will also collect information about your browsing history, your purchasing preference history, your shopping cart status, and your contact history with us (including phone records of our conversations).
* Sources. We collect this information directly from you and from cookies and similar technologies that automatically collect this information from your device. We also collect this information – such as social graph data – from our select partners.
* Uses. We will share this information with service providers to provide, maintain, and improve our Services, respond to customer inquiries; manage your online account; personalize your online experience; and process and deliver promotional offers. To this end, we will append this information to our existing customer account information to better understand customers’ interests and to provide more relevant product recommendations and advertising, to increase our customer’s security when using our Website, and to comply with our legal obligations, such as sanctions laws.
* Sharing. We will share this information with service providers to: provide, maintain, and improve our Services; respond to customer inquiries; manage your online account; personalize your online experience; and process and deliver promotional offers. And we will share this information with our advertising partners, which may inform which individuals they help other companies to target with third-party advertising.
Category of Information Collected – Geolocation data, including the location of the device.
* Sources. We automatically collect this information from your device, depending on your settings, and we collect location information when you share it directly with us.
* Uses. We use this information to: provide, maintain, and improve our Services; manage your online account; personalize your online experience; and process and deliver promotional offers.
* Sharing. We share this information with our service providers who help us to: provide, maintain, and improve our Services; manage your online account; personalize your online experience; and process and deliver promotional offers.
Category of Information Collected – Inferences derived from personal information.
* Sources. We analyse your behaviour and purchase on our website as well as public or social graph data provided by our partners to determine shopping preferences and improve your experience.
* Uses. We us this category of information to tailor and improve your shopping experience on our website.
* Sharing. We do not share this information.
Tell us what you think
Was this content helpful? YES/NOT